‘Personal information’ is information about an identifiable individual (a natural person) which is in a form which enables that person to be identified.
In general, we collect personal information to conduct our business, to provide and market our services to you and to meet our legal obligations. We collect personal information from individuals including, but not limited to, the following:
- workshop and talk attendees;
- individuals we deal with in conducting our business; and
- suppliers and their employees.
What kinds of personal information do we collect?
In general, and depending upon the nature of your connection with us, the type of personal information we collect and hold includes (but is not limited to): name, date of birth, phone number, email address, mail address, [personal preference] payment details and other information which assists us in conducting our business, providing and marketing our services and meeting our legal obligations.
In some cases, if personal information we request is not provided, it might adversely impact our ability to supply the relevant product or service, or to perform our obligations, to you.
How will we collect your personal information?
We collect personal information when you:
- attend a workshop or talk either directly or via a school, university or organisation;
- purchase any merchandise from the Shop on our website;
- make a donation
- deal with us in person, by telephone, face to face meetings or interviews, email, and via our website and social media channels; or
- otherwise provide information to us directly.
Why do we collect personal information?
In general, we collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information in order to:
- conduct our business;
- provide and market our services to you;
- communicate with you;
- bill you;
- help us manage and enhance our services;
- purchase goods or services;
- provide donation receipts;
- conduct general administrative or business matters;
- comply with our legal obligations; and
- carry out any other purpose that we advise to you.
A cookie is a small piece of data sent from a site which, if your browser settings allow, transfers to your hard drive while you are browsing that site. Cookies allow the site to remember you and information you have previously entered while browsing the site.
- items in your shopping cart;
- which pages you have visited on our site;
- any details you may have inputted in to our site;
- what web browser you use;
- what internet service provider you use;
- what device you are browsing our site from; and
- your browsing location.
Disclosure of your personal information to third parties
We may disclose your personal information:
- to our employees;
- to other companies or individuals who assist us in providing services or who perform functions on our behalf (such as mailing houses, hosting and data storage providers, legal counsel, specialist consultants and other business advisors);
- to anyone else to whom you authorise us to disclose it; and
- where we are required to do so by law, to enforce our site policies or protect our or others’ rights, property or safety.
Other than as described above, we do not sell, trade, or transfer your personal information to third parties.
Management of personal information
We take reasonable steps to protect personal information held by us from misuse, loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. Where we no longer require your personal information we will comply with our legal obligations in respect of that information.
How can you access and correct your personal information?
We endeavour to ensure that the personal information we hold is accurate, complete and up-to-date. We encourage you to contact us in order to update any personal information we hold about you. You have the right request correction of any personal information we hold about you in accordance with the Privacy Act. Subject to the exceptions set out in the Privacy Act, you may seek access to the personal information which we hold about you by contacting us here. We will require you to verify your identity and to specify what information you require.
How can you make a privacy complaint?
If you are not satisfied with our response you can refer your complaint to the Privacy Commissioner by contacting the Office of the Privacy Commissioner at: PO Box 10-094, The Terrace, Wellington 6143, phone 0800 803 909, http://privacy.org.nz/.
Name and address of person collecting your personal information
The address of the Prepair NZ, as the person collecting and holding your personal information, is:
115 Tory street
Updates to this policy